Okay as per usual I basically just freaked out for a solid 1-2 days and now I am… less… freaked out. Probably. We shall see what happens once class starts again. Dndnenfj
Anyway. Yesterday, made some crazy cake. Chocolate. Delicious, I love chocolate cake. It was, quite frankly, kind of a bad idea to make an entire cake just for myself. I’ve got like a third left. To be clear: it’s cake, but it doesn’t look like a cake. I dumped the batter in a frying pan stuck the frying pan in the oven. It fell apart when I dumped it out. So it’s sitting in a chunky heap on a plate right now. If I was serving it to people I would definitely just dump it in bowls with ice cream, but…
Also, today — forgot that I’d bought stuff for chicken chili the other day, and the stuff was sitting in the fridge! So I did that today. Didn’t have lime juice so I used bitter lemon mixer that’s meant to go in mocktails and such (it’s sour lol that’s good enough for me) and I used some shredded cheese I had on hand instead of cream cheese. Also no cumin or coriander, so. curry powder!
Turned out really good. I’ve got a bunch of leftovers now, that should keep for a good 4-5 days.
Anywho. Most Sundays I go a little crazy because there’s just so much time that could easily turn into a whole lot of nothing. But. Kept myself busy enough, played chess. I’m starting to work on finding games I can play with people who aren’t nearby, since most of my friends aren’t :<
… I miss my board game group. One of these semesters I’m gonna get a D&D group going and it’s gonna be epicccc
It's interesting to see what creativity happens to your dishes when you don't have the stuff to make the normal version.
ReplyDeleteNot that I envy not having a ton of ingredients :(