But yeah, I think I like background. Landscapes. I went to the temple the other day and sure a bunch of them were people (Jesus or scripture stories or whatever) but a whole lot more were mountains and forests and fields and just. Sooo much majesty!
Anyway, for some reason I signed up for a summer art exchange, so I’m gonna be working on art of a stranger’s Sith OC getting coffee with his girlfriend. Which. You know, I’ll figure it out, but it just seems a bit ironic that I’ve decided I like landscapes just in time to draw two characters :/
Artfight has also started!! Biggg monthlong art event where you post original characters on the website, and everyone makes art of each other’s characters. Except it’s also a competition, sort of. I’m ignoring that bit, though.
I’d like to do at least a few attacks for that, but not right
now. I’ve got a lot of other things on my plate.
Like poetry, for example! I know I talked about that last time but I’m still doing it, like a half hour a day to write and read poetry. I like that it makes me feel stuff. Maybe it’s like cartharsis, the way sad stories bring that out. But I think a lot of stories let details get in the way, and poetry doesn’t, as much. I suppose you could say poetry is lazy? But I think it also lets individual lines carry more weight. It’s like, if there isn’t a lot said then there’s meaning in everything. No filler.
So yeah, I’ve been doing that. Unfortunately, most of the poetry that people might relate to is also about them, so I can’t really send it :<
No comments:
Post a Comment