Friday, July 24, 2026

actually, I wuuud

 Well fam after two packing sessions and a lot of blood sweat tears (just the sweat, actually. the blood and tears are for dramatic effect), it would seem that my room is... somewhat packed. I have gotten permission from management to do a recheck of my room, because it failed last time, and I'm getting pretty close -- it's just tricky because last fall when I did this, I only had to pack up my room because I wasn't actually moving out or anything. This time, I had to pack everything up, including stuff in the bathrooms and cupboards and pantry and fridge, because it's all got to go into my room for storage over the summer, AND pack the stuff I'm taking with me into separate suitcases that I will be taking to the airport tomorrow. 

I suppose it's probably good that I didn't switch my flight to Thursday. I thought I could do it in time and... I definitely could not. There was more stuff to pack up than last fall, for one. I have a pancake griddle and it won't fit in any of my boxes 💔

  I took a typing test yesterday just to see what it was, and it consistently hovered around about 90-95, even with the more difficult version with more difficult to type words. It used to be 85-90! I'm very happy to have my clacky keyboard, it's super clacky and whenever I type fast the sound of all the clacking is very very satisfying!!

Had kind of an adventure yesterday. I needed a suitcase so I could bring my clothes with me and I didn't have a car, so I took the shuttle to Walmart. Got my suitcase -- there was a big and a small and I was going to get the small but decided on the big and I am SO GLAD I did. Even with the really big suitcase it was a bit of a struggle to get all the clothes in.

There are two crows hanging out on a parking lot light outside! It's about the same height of my window, which is a little weird to think about, and they're just kind of pecking at the top of it. Why they would do that, I have no idea.

Anyway, I remembered that I needed to get stuff out of my car because it was getting sold and I still had my stuff in it, and the mechanic is just down the road from Walmart, so me and my suitcase walked down the street that was somewhere between a highway and a main road (on the sidewalk. don't get too worried) (except there was some construction along part of it, so I did actually have to walk on the street. the suitcase was very shiny and rose-gold and did wonders for visibility, I think)

got to the mechanic and got out my stuff. It was good I brought the suitcase with me because then I was able to put all my stuff into it from the car, and bring it all back to Walmart to catch the next shuttle. except I missed it, and then I accidentally missed the next one as well, so I didn't actually leave until multiple hours later. I only had like 7 dollars left in cash at that point because the suitcase cost more than expected, so I bought two bananas and two wheat rolls off the clearance shelves for about $1.20 total and settled down on one of the seats inside to wait. never fear though, I got home eventually

it's really nice when I do a lot of stuff in the evening and tire myself out. Most of the time I don't really feel like going to sleep, but if I do a lot of mental or physical work that day, it's real easy to go to sleep on time because I'm actually like, tired. So that's pretty neat.

I still have quite a few snacks on hand, in addition to the actual food. A big bag of spicy Doritos from a ward activity, some goldfish crackers I bought on a whim, half a packet of pistacio pudding, three nearly full bottles of root beer, and a bag of chocolate chips. That's nice. Usually I don't have very many snacks around, and it's been really nice being able to snack when I'm tired and snack-ish.

Finally wrote back to one of my missionary friends. She sends so many emails with so much stuff that it's actually pretty difficult to keep up. I get to it every 1-2 months, roughly. It's alright, the emails go to a bunch of people so I'm sure she gets lots of replies back. IDK. If/when I'm ever a missionary, I'm going to be much worse at sending emails out, I think.

 

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, the description of the two crows just cracked me up

    ReplyDelete