Thursday, May 14, 2026

i hate to see you waiting

Fun fact if you get yourself to go to things even though you're pretty sure they're going to suck, they tend to not suck!! Which is nice. And then you have a good rest of the day and it's like whoa, life isn't terrible!

Game night yesterday. I made mini cheesecakes. Kudos to my dear mother for the recipe, because they tasted really good and the other folks at the thing agreed with that sentiment. It's sooo nice going to things where I can make food for it!! Otherwise I make the food and then I can't eat it all. Moral of the story, host lots of parties so you can make food for them. I guess.

Spent a bunch of time freaking myself out about a lab I had to go to, because I hadn't done the homework in three weeks or any of the prep work. Turns out, they tell you exactly how to do the lab in class, and none of the prep work is necessary. Also, you can do the lab completely on your own if you want, because the size of my particular class was so small. That was GREAT. As it was, I grouped up with one other person, and she did the technology and I did literally everything else and it was actually the best science lab experience I've had in a long long time. I hope they're all like that.

Busy day ahead but it's all in the evening. Bio class where you can ignore the professor the entire hour + THRIVE + optometry society. I've got a good three hours before then so I believe I shall attend the temple. Should do that more often.

PS: I've figured out a thing that is slightly helping with losing stuff: I've got a jar and I put all of my useful stuff into that jar when I'm not using it. Key fob and knife and airpods and car keys and glasses and they all go into the one jar. 10/10 very helpful 

2 comments: